Monday 13 May 2013

Obsession: The Fruitless Effort

I was an obsessed mess for the past weeks. It's all started on that rainy afternoon, when my sister and I decided to entertain ourselves by watching some Disney movies. If you are a big fan of Tinkerbell, you must know one of its movie titled "The Lost Treasure". And being a dork I am, my imagination started to create such a lame, childish drama. Think of this: me, being a girl heroine, saving the whole planet from a big disaster caused by my school bullies; me, found a big, gold statue that happen to be England's lost treasure and being all famous and receiving a Noble and predicated MBE (Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire). Stupid, right?

So, I told my sister about it. And guess what, she also thought the same thing for the past weeks (which I will know the truth weeks later that she said that only to make fun of me)! So, when my uncle invite us to his son's birthday celebration, we was really happy, because my uncle lives near the beach!

Soon when we arrived on my uncle's house that Sunday, my sister and I went straight to the seashore. We didn't even bother to change our clothes. Then the journey begin. My sister and I walking around the beach, acting like a detective. Acting like a pro.

We walked all day, from day until it's dinner time. My sister finally gave up at five, leaving me all alone, searching for the unexisted treasure until my body collided with something. I don't exactly remember what happened next, but I remember I was crying for the whole night shamelessly.

But now, I'm over that stupid obsession. Why would I want to find a lost treasure if I could be a detective? Yeap, Conan and Holmes inspires me, people. Hey, don't laugh at me. What if your neighbour was a serial killer and killed one of your neighbour before runaway? Who would you call beside the police to solve the problem? Me, the detective.

---
Author: Dessandra Divanadia

No comments:

Post a Comment